Gamification in the workplace is grabbing the attention of top-level corporates today. It is not just because gamification helps improve employee engagement, but its interactive nature can also enhance productivity. If you are looking for a solid strategy for employee motivation management, stick with us till the end of this article to find out all you need to know regarding gamification.
Gamification is a potent tool for employee engagement, which has created a competent digital environment within corporations. This trend is growing faster than expected as this helps achieve the employees’ objectives and deliverables in a fun learning environment. With game points as rewards, this strategy triggers the amygdala of the brain and creates a friendly competition among colleagues to achieve higher levels of productivity.
How Does Gamification Improve Employee Engagement?
Employee gamification uses elements from RPG and popular genres of progressive games to provide a competitive platform for employee engagement.
Here are some stats that show how effective this strategy can be.
Around 87% of US-based employees preferred workplace gamification to be more productive, whereas 80% of them find gamification-based learning more engaging than traditional ones. Surveys have confirmed that gamification increases employee engagement by up to 60%.
Furthermore, gamification can increase various soft skills in employees which are essential for peak performance. According to corporate leaders, gamification in the workplace encourages collaboration, competence, a sense of community, efficient feedback, and transparency through tools such as points, leveling up, goals, and honor badges.
Focus Areas Where Gamification Can Be Implemented
Using employee engagement software to leverage gamification can be beneficial for more than one aspect of an organization’s performance.
- Marketing: Through gamification rewards employees feel more responsible and willing to share information about the brand on social media and other online platforms.
- Sales: Gamification in the workplace boosts collaboration between salespersons. Employee motivation management by providing rewards at each stage of sale works like wonder in driving high numbers in sales.
- Human resources: HR professionals can track the performance of the employees through the employee engagement software used for gamification within the organization. These tools provide excellent insights into the performance of each employee. Using these data improves peer appreciation, provides leadership skills, engages applicants, and increases referrals significantly.
- Learning: Regardless of their experience in the industry, employees can obtain new career-defining skills via the gamification of learning platforms. These tools improve results and retention in a shorter span.
- Product development: Gamification can make completing projects fun through collaboration. This drives efficiency and speed in various phases of product development.
- Customer support: Incentives in the form of points and honor badges encourage employees to engage in helping the customers with more efficiency and quality.
- Inventory management: Gamification is seen to promote efficient and productive shipping practices, which save time and resources for the business.
- Creativity: The game-like structure of the employee motivation management system promotes innovative ideas through appreciation and reward.
- Teamwork: Building a sense of community is essential for sharing a common vision within the organization. This approach allows teams to share their experience and learn from each other as a team.
- Corporate culture: Finally, gamification reinforces an easy-going yet productive corporate culture within the company. A friendly and competent environment helps employees do exceptionally well in their careers and find new opportunities to improve their professional skills.
Examples of Gamification
This section covers some gamification ideas you can employ right now in your organization.
- Interactive leaderboards: Creating point-based leaderboards can gamify the competition aspect of the organization. It will create better engagement and produce high-performing employees.
- Social Media recognition: Motivating the employees was never this straightforward. You can leverage social media’s power to give recognition to your employees for their performance. You cannot go wrong with this form of appreciation.
- Progress tracking bars: Boost engagement with progress tracking bars. This tool is like an RPG game and keeps reminding the employees about their goals and commitment to achieve them. You can also add a leveling-up feature as an employee motivation-management measure.
- Badging and achievements: Similar to adventure games, awarding badges with specific achievements are a potentially strong motivator to drive performance.
Gamification is seen to boost performance by 147% in organizations with absences, fewer than 37%. And by employing cutting-edge employee engagement software to create a solid growth plan for your organization, you can expect an increase in employee performance too.