Over the past 5 years; AACSB – accredited business schools that offer online MBA programs have increased by 83%. The rising popularity of online MBA programs has made the decision of choosing an online MBA specialization difficult. A right online MBA specialization can increase the chances of getting better placements, good ROI, and global exposure.
As pandemic has taken over the past few years; not only online MBA, but specializations like Data Analytics and Business Management, Data Science and Data Analytics have become popular. This is because majority of businesses have shifted to online business models & prefer digital marketing strategies to traditional marketing. According to reports by India Today, the job opportunities for MBA in Data Analytics and Business Management graduates have increased by over 46% since 2019.
Apart from Online MBA, MBA Distance Education or Executive MBA provides the most flexibility for working professionals as compared to traditional Full Time MBA.
Check the top 10 online MBA specializations in 2022 as per recent trends & career prospects.
- Data Science and Analytics: MBA in Data Science and Analytics is currently the most opted online MBA specialization. As per India Today report; the hiring from this particular specialization has increased over 46% since 2019. Manipal Online University (Total Fee: INR 1,50,000) & Amity Online University (Total Fee: INR 2,50,000) offer MBA in Data Science & Analytics. They are known for their top-class placements; recording an average placement package of INR 6,00,000 – INR 10,00,000 per annum. Amazon, TCS, Accenture, Deloitte & HCL are top recruiters.
- Aviation Management: The specialization imparts aspirants with the knowledge of managerial skills to manage airline operations. Jain University Online (Total Fee: INR 1,90,000) & UPES Dehradun (INR 1,49,000) are top colleges to offer MBA in Aviation Management. UPES Dehradun is known for its placements in top companies like Indigo, BPCL, etc.
- Banking, Financial Services, and Insurance Management: Students interested to have a career in banking, insurance and risk management prefer this online MBA specialization. NMIMS is popular college to offer MBA in Banking, Financial Services or Insurance Management. The fee is INR 1,44,000. Placement wise; students have bagged placement offers in Oxygent, Reliance JIO, Idea Cellular etc. as bank manager, finance officer, insurance advisor, investment banker, financial consultant and many more.
- Business Management: This specialization is concerned with operations, business management, and crisis management. Students aspiring to become credit manager, portfolio manager, budget analyst, investment manager pursue MBA in Business Management. Jain University Online (Course Fee: INR 1,90,000) and NMIMS (Course Fee: 1,44,000) are top colleges to offer MBA in Business Management. They are known for their top-class placements; recording an average placement package of INR 6,00,000 – INR 10,00,000 per annum. Infosys, Deloitte, KPMG, HCL, Standard Chartered, Reliance JIO are the top recruiters.
- Entrepreneurship and Leadership Management: Students aspiring to become sales manager, accountant, business consultant, human resource manager, customer relationship manager, revenue inspector etc. pursue MBA in Entrepreneurship and Leadership Management. Jain University offers MBA in Entrepreneurship and Leadership Management. The course fee is INR 1,90,000. According to placement reports, Jain University records average placements of INR 6,90,000 – INR 10,00,000. Cognizant, Amazon, Infosys, and Citibank are the top recruiters.
- Finance Management: The specialization teaches aspirants about marketing & economic trends, financial industry, budgeting, organization and monitoring of finances. The specialized course offers roles of finance manager, financial advisor, credit manager, cost controller etc. Universities providing MBA in finance management are NMIMS (Course Fee: INR 1,44,000) , Chandigarh University (Course Fee: INR 58,000), Jain University Online (INR 1,90,000), etc. The average placement records in these colleges ranges between INR 6,00,000 – INR 14,00,000 per annum.
- General Management: MBA in General Management prepares students for the managerial, functional and operational roles to run a production effectively. Course also enhances communication skills of aspirants to maintain a healthy workplace. Students aspiring to become restaurant general manager, retail general manager, deputy general manager pursue MBA in General Management. Chandigarh University (Course Fee: INR 58,000), NMIMS (Course Fee: INR 1,44,000), Amity University (Course Fee: INR 2,50,000) are top colleges to offer MBA in General Management. They offer placements in companies like Deloitte, Birlasoft, Mindtree, etc.
- Hospitality Management: MBA in Hospitality Management is another popular MBA specialization. Amity University (Course Fee: INR 2,50,000), Annamalai University (Course Fee: INR 49,000) are the top colleges to offer MBA in Hospitality Management. Amity University & Annamalai University offer placements upto INR 10,00,000 per annum in top companies like Accenture, Genpact, Cognizant.
- Human Resource Management: This MBA specialization focuses on the recruitment, management, direction and guidance of employees of an organization. Chandigarh University, Amity University Online, and Jain University Online are the popular colleges to offer MBA in Human Resource Management. As per latest placement reports by Amity University, a total of 1,110 students have been placed in top companies like Accenture, Silaris Information. Jain University Online offers placements with an average salary of INR 6,90,000 per annum.
- Information Technology and Systems Management: MBA in Information Technology & Systems Management is a popular choice among students who want to explore e-commerce industry. NMIMS and Lovely Professional University (LPU) are top colleges to offer MBA in Information Technology & Systems Management. LPU offers placements in top companies like Wipro, HCL, Accenture with an average compensation of INR 5,00,000 – INR 10,00,000.
Given the rising popularity of online MBA in terms of placements, and ROI; students can plan to choose the online MBA specialization as per popularity, demand, their career goal and course curriculum.