What are all documents required when selling a home in UK?

Selling a home can be a significant and vital undertaking as people only move on average once every ten to fifteen years. It is crucial to receive guidance from the appropriate agencies,

Selling a home can be a significant and vital undertaking as people only move on average once every ten to fifteen years. It is crucial to receive guidance from the appropriate agencies, like UK Estate Agents, at the proper time. Understanding the right questions to ask, your interests, and your obligations as a house seller will help you reduce stress and accelerate the procedure.

Please spend some time gathering your documents and having your house valuable for market-ready before you start to consider placing it on the marketplace.

The 9 Documents You Must Have When Selling A Home In The UK

1. MIP (Management Information Pack)

When you wish to sell a home quickly, the management information pack is essential since it provides crucial details that could influence a buyer’s choice to buy your house. It is critical to get the management information pack as soon as possible because it can take a few weeks to appear. An attorney can help you access the documents. The pack, however, may also be purchased directly from the leaseholder or your management agency.

2. PoI (Proof Of Identity)

Collect evidence of your identity and address (photo ID). You’ll need an electricity bill or a bank statement to confirm your residence. You will need a passport or driver’s licence scan to prove your identity.

We advise you to apply for a driver’s licence if you don’t have a photo ID. Receiving this kind of identification may take as little as one week. To be safe, though, always apply well in advance! If you want to sell your home for a reasonable price, you must make sure all of your paperwork is available. If you are unprepared or cause a delay, some purchasers may likely back out of a contract.

3. Leasehold Papers

Depending on the kind of arrangement you have, you will have to present a lease certificate. You will require a lease if the home is leasehold. 

4. EPC (Energy Performance Certificate)

When you sell a home, you will need an energy performance certificate (EPC), a crucial document. Most people overlook this paperwork when selling a home. Furthermore, it’s simple for these documents to disappear! By giving your address at the registration, you can get a copy of your EPC if you lose it.

5. PTD (Property Title Deeds)

The property title deeds will probably be required if you want to sell your house. These formal records outline your home’s administrative history. Look at the land registry’s website, if the deeds have been registered digitally in your name.

6. TA10 Form

Through the TA10 Form, both parties can agree on what the property sale will include, whether the deal consists of white items and curtains, for instance. Data is included in the document on a room-by-room basis to ensure that the buyer receives a complete and comprehensive disclosure of the items. The TA10 will also list the contents of any gardens or outside spaces you may have.

7. TA6 Form

Although the property information form is lengthy, it is necessary when selling your home. The particular form asks about everything, from limits to existing tenants to continuing complaints and disagreements with neighbours. So make sure you allot the required time to put this form together. Your home doesn’t always sell in compliance with the typical selling time in the UK if your documentation is disorganised.

8. FENSA Certificates

Those are replacing their doors or windows since 2002 are eligible to receive these certificates. If you sell your home, you might be required to present the FENSA certificate. It is worth checking the home’s documents if you haven’t lived there for a while. This document was probably left behind when the previous owner sold the house.

9. Electrical Certificates

All certifications for electrical repairs around your property are required—for instance, electrical upgrades or rewiring. A technician will be able to provide the electrical safety certification or the building rules compliance certificate that you may give to the subsequent homeowners.


You will hear varying opinions regarding the proper timing for preparing these documents. But trusting only the best can save a lot of time and energy. Once all the documents are ready, you can proceed with the procedure for selling your home in the UK.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *